I had finally time to release new version of Config Transformation extension for Visual Studio, now with support of Visual Studio 2015. You can download it here.
This extension enables ability to transform various config file even there does not exist build definition for the transformation file. For example, if you have multiple configuration transformations, e.g web.Debug.config, web.Release.config, web.UAT1.config, web.UAT2.config, web.UAT3.config, web.Production1.config, web.Production2.config. And you want switch between these configuration while developing without changing actual build definition or editing the web.config manually.
It supports all .NET projects (web or app configs) even WebSites too.
- Generate configuration transformation while developing
- Preview transformation result
- Application output (transformation progress, errors, infomation) in General Output window
- Configuration in Tools -> Options -> Config transformation menu
- Transformation file nesting, can be set in Tools -> Options -> Config transformation menu
How To Use It
- File you want to change must be checked out (not locked, not readonly)
- Click on the transformation configuration you want to run with the right mouse button and click “Execute transformation” option
- Extension options can be found in Tools -> Options -> Config Transformation
- Information about transformation can be found in General Output Window
- You can see the transformation preview by Preview transformation menu item